CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AND PRINT!!!
TEMPORARY CROWN & BRIDGE CARE INSTRUCTIONS
You have just received a temporary crown or bridge. This temporary is meant only to serve your needs while a permanent crown is being custom made for you.
Color: The color of the plastic temporary may not resemble the permanent crown color. There are fewer color options available for these temporaries compared to permanent crowns.
Shape and size: Temporaries are custom-made for each patient. But they will not match the permanent crown design, fit and function. The main purpose of a temporary is to provide protection to the prepared tooth that will receive the permanent crown.
Tooth Sensitivity: Your temporary will help protect the sensitivity of the prepared tooth. However, it will not fit your prepared tooth like the permanent crown, so you may notice sensitivity to heat, cold or sweets. This sensitivity will gradually disappear after the permanent crown is delivered.
Here are some other things you need to know about your temporary crown:
1. The temporary cement requires about 30 minutes to set completely. Please do not chew anything during this time.
2. Certain foods will stick to the temporary crown. Please refrain from chewing gum, candies or foods that might stick to the temporary or even pull it out.
3. Temporary crowns have limited durability and may occasionally break or come off. If this should happen to you, please contact our office immediately, bring in your temporary and we will replace it. Should you be unable to contact us, simply go to a pharmacy and get some Fixodent. Replace the temporary crown on your tooth using the Fixodent to hold it in place until you can contact us.
4. Please do not leave the temporary crown out of your mouth. Without the temporary crown, your teeth may move and then the permanent crown may not fit!
5. Do not brush or floss too vigorously around your temporary crown. Remember that it is important to keep the area clean - but use caution.
6. It is imperative that you return to our office at the appointed time for your permanent crown. Failure to do so may result in the need to re-prepare the tooth and re-make the crown at your cost.
GRIFFON'S gentledental 1669 Lobdell Ave., Suite B Baton Rouge, LA 70806 (225)925-2273